Before updating to the latest version please answer this short survey: https://wpfeedback.co/lastform/4
This week, while working on the translations and the centralised dashboard, we hit some very substantial milestones in terms of endorsements by key brands in the Ecosystem. The biggest one being a featured post on Godaddy(!!!), as well as a featured guest appearance on WPML/Toolset’s new podcast. In the upcoming weeks I’ll also appear on the WP Engine podcast and Elementor’s podcast and a few others I can’t really talk about just yet. Exciting times ahead! 😲🤓😎
We need help with translations! If you want to contribute to the project and translate to your own language please let us know! It should take about 1.5 hours to translate the entire thing.
Here’s what we added this week:
(You can click to update from within your WP dashboard)
- Multilingual support – You can now translate WP Feedback and we’re going to keep any future strings translatable as well. More so, we’re committed to expanding into more and more languages. Mostly to help your clients feel comfortable using the tool with your local language.
- RTL support – To continue the multilingual over-haul, the plugin now supports Right-to-left languages like Arabic or Hebrew. This will happen automatically based on the language detected on the WordPress installation.
- Stop comments for admins – In the case that you want to disable comments for admins but still allow others to comment (for example, if the client is adding notes as an editor/guest), you can tick the new checkbox in the settings screen to stop comments for admins but still allow access to the settings screen.
- Dutch (Netherlands) – NL
- Hebrew (Israel) – HE
- Coming up: DE, SP, IT, FR (we need your help with this)
- Fixed the license verification process – Some websites which did not have SSL properly defined were not able to verify the license. We have temporarily fixed this issue by turning the CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER verification off. We will fix this issue further by adding our own crt file to the plugin.
- Fixed issue with the close button on popover – On some websites, the close button on the popover was not working properly. So it did not close the popover. This is now fixed by CSS.
- Fixed issues with the broken popover on some websites – On some websites, the popover was broken since our bootstrap version detection logic was taking time to execute. We changed the logic so now the bootstrap version detection is faster and websites will not have broken popovers.
- Fixed the sidebar color conflict with themes – Especially when there were dark mode themes installed (With White Font).